Wednesday 18 April 2007

Please Write to your MP

Somebody just asked me why I hadn't suggested that people who signed the petition should write to their own MPs about this issue. The answer to that is that I've been paying so much attention to small details that something as glaringly obvious as that didn't occur to me.

So, if you've signed the petition, please consider contacting your MP, as he or she will probably pay more attention to one of their constituents than they will to me, and the more messages they get the better.

You can find MPs' contact details listed by name and by constituency on the UK Parliament website. Most of them seem to have an email address or a website, so if you do write, please include a link to the petition.

For the record, I've now had two replies from MPs. One (Conservative) has signed the petition, whilst the other (Labour) has refused.

No comments: