Tuesday 17 April 2007

Progress Report, Week 1

The petition has been up and running for a week, and I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed to have only collected 27 signatures. I always knew that it was going to be difficult to get support, hence my decision to allow a year for collecting signatures, but...

I'm also not too sure about the usefulness of MySpace. I'd hoped to show that it can be used to achieve something positive, but although the petition has got 81 friends, there are still only those 27 signatures.

I think that the sign-up procedure on the 10 Downing Street website may be causing some problems. When you add your name to the petition, you should receive an email containing a link which you have to follow before your name is actually added. The email usually arrives fairly quickly, so, if you haven't got it, it may be in your spam folder; if it isn't, and you've emptied the folder recently, I'm afraid you'll need to sign up again.

No comments: